CAT Tools and QA Software
CAT Tools are one of the most useful instruments for a professional translator. Thanks to these, I can offer accurate and consistent work leveraging internal repetitions, glossaries and previously translated content, which finally leads to lower prices. I’m an expert with the following tools:
- Trados Studio
- Xliff Editor
Most CAT Tools have built-in QA features, but in order to provide the highest quality possible it’s better to back these up with external software. I work with Xbench, a powerful instrument to check internal consistency, spot tag and numeric mismatches, and create project-based checklists.
Technical and IT Skills
CAT Tools are just a part of my technical and IT skills. Here is a brief list of the others:
- Broad knowledge of Microsoft Office Package
- Use of operators for terminology and parallel text research on Google
- Basic audio and image editing with Audacity, Cubase, GIMP 2
- Good knowledge of HTML and SEO
- Basic WordPress and Drupal
- Creating and programming social media posts with Facebook Pages and Hootsuite
Want to leverage my skills?
Contact me for more information or a free quote.